The ideal candidate will be able to work well in a growing, fast moving biotech environment and can provide guidance and decision making as well as being able to streamline operations, while being hands on with accounts payable, payroll, equity, monthly-close and financial system processes and implementations. The successful candidate must possess both strong operational experience as well as solid accounting principles. That person will also demonstrate the interpersonal skills necessary for effective cross-functional interactions in a growing organization.
- Integral in accounting operations, including managing the accounts payable, fixed assets, prepaid and payroll processes, including timely and accurate review, approval of month-end and accounting transactions and maintenance on chart of accounts, general ledger and subledgers
- Analyzes and interprets financial data and recommends changes to improve financial performance
- Oversees financial planning and budgeting function including preparation of information for the executive management team and the board of directors
- Manage payroll reconciliation in the general ledger and providing support for reporting, including tax compliance
- Act as a key process owner on internal controls and business processes. Ensure accuracy of balances recorded in accordance with U.S. GAAP.
- Oversee income and other tax compliance. Proactively conduct research and ensure timely regulatory filings
- Support the external audit to ensure timely completion of audit requests, and provide subject matter expertise on audit issues raised
- Other projects and duties as needed
- Knowledge of scientific principals and concepts helpful
- Researching and analyzing industry and competitor trends
- Requires application of accounting knowledge to day-to-day operations and projects
- Requires strong accounting operational experience and expertise
- Requires in depth knowledge of US GAAP and general accounting policies and procedures
- Requires prior experience in Biotechnology industry
- Required 3+ years of relevant experience and a BA or BS degree in accounting or equivalent, public accounting and CPA preferred.
- Required proficiency with Microsoft office suite (Excel, Outlook, and Word).
- Required experience with QuickBooks or other accounting system.