AffyImmune Therapeutics (“Affy”), a development stage biotechnology company focused on creating technologies that expand the utility and improve the safety of cell-based immunotherapy for cancer, is seeking a Research Associate to perform experiments, organize and analyze results, and communicate effectively.
As a Research Associate, you will join a small team at a dynamic startup. You will collaborate within and outside the organization to help us meet our research needs. With your curiosity, creativity, and flexibility, you will leave an indelible mark on Affy.
Location: Natick, MA
● Execute various in vitro cellular assays using a variety of instrumentation, including flow cytometry and advanced cytotoxicity analysis as well as the phenotypic and functional characterization of CAR T cells and tumor cell lines.
● Use lentiviral vectors to genetically modify freshly isolated T lymphocytes.
● Expand and cryopreserve CAR T cells.
● Collect and analyze data while maintaining detailed records.
● Characterize modified primary T lymphocytes and tumor cells using standard immunological assays including flow cytometry.
Operations Support (15%)
● Document purchase and receipt of research materials.
● Participate in company-wide meetings to keep all team members apprised of progress.
● Perform other duties as assigned.
● B.S. in Cell Biology, Immunology, or related fields and 2+ years of laboratory experience in an academic, biotechnology, or pharmaceutical setting. Master’s degree preferred.
● Experience with multi-color flow cytometry.
● Experience with cell culturing, ideally with various assays for primary T and CAR T cell effector function including target cell killing, cytokine production, and expansion.
● Experience with genetic modification of cells lines is highly desirable.
● Excellent written and verbal communication and data analysis skills.
● Meticulous attention to detail, including capacity to conduct thorough self-reviews.
● Strong work ethic, enthusiasm, eagerness to learn, and willingness to perform ad-hoc tasks.
● Highly organized, collaborative, and motivated in a fast-paced startup environment.
● Comfort with Microsoft Office (PowerPoint, Excel, Word, OneDrive).
This is a salaried, benefit-eligible position.