AffyImmune Therapeutics (“Affy”), a clinical stage biotechnology company focused on developing technologies that expand the utility and improve the safety and efficacy of cell-based immunotherapy for cancer, is seeking a Scientist to help advance the use of CAR T therapy for solid tumors. As part of the non-clinical team, you will characterize T cell functionality using information from clinical trials as well as assess novel designs and treatment strategies to rapidly advance AffyImmune’s portfolio.
As a Scientist, you will join a small team at a dynamic startup. You will collaborate within and outside the company to help us advance both our technology and product development. With your curiosity, creativity, and enthusiasm, you will leave an indelible mark on Affy.
Location: Natick, MA
● Support translational research efforts through clinical trial sample analysis.
● Design and conduct cutting-edge experiments to address questions related to T cell function.
● Apply immunology, molecular biology, and cell biology expertise to develop and communicate a thorough understanding of CAR T cell activity in the context of cancer immunotherapy.
● Contribute, with other Affy scientists and academic partners, to ideation of new therapies, novel CAR T designs, and diversification of Affy’s preclinical and clinical portfolio.
● Publish and present, with other Affy scientists and academic partners, in peer-reviewed publications and at scientific conferences.
Operations Support (10%)
● Document purchase and receipt of research materials.
● Participate in company-wide meetings to keep all team members apprised of progress.
● Perform other duties as assigned.
● PhD in Immunology, Cell Biology, or related fields.
● 1-2 years of post-doctoral experience in an academic, biotechnology, or pharmaceutical setting preferred.
● Subject matter expertise in immunology, molecular biology and/or cell biology as indicated by publication authorship, conference presentations or demonstrations of leadership in previous activities.
● Experience with cell culture, ideally with various assays for primary T and CAR T cell effector function including target cell killing, cytokine production, and characterization.
● Experience with genetic modification of cells lines and translational research.
● Excellent written and verbal communication and data analysis skills.
● Meticulous attention to detail, including capacity to conduct thorough self-reviews.
● Ability to interact positively with scientific and non-technical peers.
● Highly organized, collaborative, and motivated in a fast-paced startup environment.
● Management responsibilities: 0-2 Research Associates.
● Comfort with Microsoft Office (PowerPoint, Excel, Word, OneDrive).
This is a salaried, benefits-eligible position.