AffyImmune Therapeutics (“Affy”), a clinical stage biotechnology company focused on developing technologies that expand the utility and improve the safety and efficacy of cell-based immunotherapy for cancer, is seeking a highly motivated Scientist (Biochemistry) to help advance the use of CAR T therapy for solid tumors.
As a Scientist, you will join a small team at a dynamic startup. You will collaborate within and outside the company to help us advance both our technology and product development. With your curiosity, creativity, and enthusiasm, you will leave an indelible mark on Affy.
Location: Natick, MA
- Cloning, expression, and purification of proteins including antigens, antibody fragments and other modalities
- Producing phage display libraries
- Performing functional and biophysical characterization of proteins and bio-conjugates
- Discovery of novel peptide binders
- Affinity tuning
- Contribution, with other Affy scientists and academic partners, to ideation of new therapies, novel CAR T designs, and diversification of Affy’s preclinical and clinical portfolio
- Publishing and presenting, with other Affy scientists and academic partners, in peer-reviewed publications and at scientific conferences.
- B.S. or M.S. in Biochemistry, Molecular Biology, Enzymology, Biotechnology, or a related field with at least 5 years of experience, or Ph.D. with 0-2 years in an academic, biotechnology, or pharmaceutical setting
- Solid background in protein biochemistry, including a working knowledge of:
- Antibody Display techniques for tuning antibodies and binding of antibodies: affinity, off-rate determinations, epitope binning, epitope mapping
- Mouse antibody humanization
- Commonly used protein analytical methods such as SDS PAGE, ELISA, SPR
- Genetic modification of cells lines and translational research
- Excellent written and verbal communication and data analysis skills.
- Meticulous attention to detail, including capacity to conduct thorough self-reviews.
- Highly organized, collaborative, and motivated in a fast-paced startup environment.
- Management responsibilities: 0-2 Research Associates
- Comfort with Microsoft Office (PowerPoint, Excel, Word) and other research-oriented software
This is a salaried, benefits-eligible position.